[Expertfinder-dev] Call for ExpertFinder-Telecon Wed, September 20 5pm CET,

Axel Polleres axel.polleres
Thu Sep 14 13:33:21 UTC 2006

Dear ExpertFinder friends (and friends of friends, of course),

If you had a look recently on the Expertfinder page at

    http://www.rdfweb.org/topic/ExpertFinder

you might have realized that we were not completely lazy over the
summer. Particularly, we grouped the main objective of this effort a bit
ending up with three top-level goals:

1. An extended vocabulary based on RDF,FOAF
2. Devise Best Practices
3. Rules

Moreover, an initial set of use cases of increasing complexity has been
added under:

    http://www.rdfweb.org/topic/ExpertFinderUseCases

Now it is time to get things going, gather your comments and start
implementing! In order to kick off the whole effort and discuss
strategies in which form to proceed we invite you all for a conference
call on

  Wed, September 20, 5pm-6pm CET / 11am-12noon EDT

Attending the phone conference

(1) Dial: +49 1 805 600 610
(2) Wait for the German welcome message and then press '1' (participate
at a phone conference)
(3) Enter the access code: 657189

Preliminary agenda:

* Roll Call
* Wiki page (re)structuring
* Mailing list issues
* Alignment with overlapping efforts (e.g. SIOC)
* Project/Funding opportunities
* Use Cases
* Next steps (phone confs, meetings (e.g. at ISWC), responsibilities)

Please feel free to raise additional topics  or suggestions to extend
the wiki pages by additional links or proposing new usecases on the
mailing list.

Looking forawrd to hearing you next week,
Axel, Harold and Stijn

--
Dr. Axel Polleres
email: axel at polleres.net  url: http://www.polleres.net/