[Expertfinder-dev] Call for ExpertFinder-Telecon Wed, September 20 5pm CET,

A.Zhdanova at surrey.ac.uk A.Zhdanova
Mon Sep 18 15:56:51 UTC 2006

Hello Axel, all,

Re-reading the ExpertFinder pages, I wonder how complete the list of
main objectives of the ExpertFinder project is. Currently the bullet
points mention extensions of FOAF, publishing best practices and rules.

In particular and apart from data modelling, development of
algorithms/protocols such as for computation of closeness between
actors/items or recommendation of an actor/item, appears to be a must
for adoption of such expert finding technology. These
algorithms/protocols would enable the "finding" part of the
ExpertFinder, and often incur getting into the social networking area.

Do you think that this kind of work should be within the scope too?

I should be able to join the phonecon - hear you there,

Anna

Dr. Anna V. Zhdanova

Mobile Communications Research Group
Centre for Communication Systems Research
University of Surrey, Guildford, GU2 7XH, UK

Tel: +44(0)1483 689492 Fax: +44(0)1483 686011

Email: a.zhdanova at surrey.ac.uk <mailto:a.zhdanova at surrey.ac.uk>

Homepage: http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/A.Zhdanova/

... visit the CAPS'07 website at www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/CCSR/CAPS2007
<BLOCKED::BLOCKED::http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/CCSR/CAPS2007>

Axel

> Polleres

> Sent: 14 September 2006 14:33

> To: expertfinder-dev at lists.foaf-project.org

> Subject: [Expertfinder-dev] Call for ExpertFinder-Telecon
Wed,September 20

> 5pm CET,

> Dear ExpertFinder friends (and friends of friends, of course),

> If you had a look recently on the Expertfinder page at

>     http://www.rdfweb.org/topic/ExpertFinder

> you might have realized that we were not completely lazy over the

> summer. Particularly, we grouped the main objective of this effort a
bit

> ending up with three top-level goals:

> 1. An extended vocabulary based on RDF,FOAF

> 2. Devise Best Practices

> 3. Rules

> Moreover, an initial set of use cases of increasing complexity has
been

> added under:

>     http://www.rdfweb.org/topic/ExpertFinderUseCases

> Now it is time to get things going, gather your comments and start

> implementing! In order to kick off the whole effort and discuss

> strategies in which form to proceed we invite you all for a conference

> call on

>   Wed, September 20, 5pm-6pm CET / 11am-12noon EDT

> Attending the phone conference

> (1) Dial: +49 1 805 600 610

> (2) Wait for the German welcome message and then press '1'
(participate