[Expertfinder-dev] [Fwd: Re: Call for ExpertFinder-Telecon Wed, September 20 5pm CET, ]

Axel Polleres axel.polleres
Mon Sep 18 16:08:48 UTC 2006

A.Zhdanova at surrey.ac.uk wrote:
> Hello Axel, all,
>

> Re-reading the ExpertFinder pages, I wonder how complete the list of
> main objectives of the ExpertFinder project is. Currently the bullet
> points mention extensions of FOAF, publishing best practices and rules.
>

> In particular and apart from data modelling, development of
> algorithms/protocols such as for computation of closeness between
> actors/items or recommendation of an actor/item, appears to be a must
> for adoption of such expert finding technology. These
> algorithms/protocols would enable the ?finding? part of the
> ExpertFinder, and often incur getting into the social networking area.

I think this is some interesting use case on top!
probably not a first phase goal, but if you could provide a more
concrete use case on that, feel free to add it! ;-)

the main objectyive here should be how vocabularies and technologies
which exist can be extended and reused (easy wins) to get "more" out of
it, i.e. how much would you need to add on top of existing vocabularies,
and how much annotation effort would it be, to realize such algorithms,
or can they be applied on what is already there?

hear you wednesday,
axel