[expertfinder-dev] Photos of open session notes

Uldis Bojars uldis.bojars at deri.org
Fri Jan 26 11:35:54 UTC 2007

Dan,

RDFWeb is using MoinMoin rel. 1.1 which was released in 2003.
Imagine how many breakins you would have if you kept Linux unpatched since
2003?

Same here - the most recent release is 1.5.
That is what ESW Wiki is using.

A quick and easy upgrade path is to upgrade to MoinMoin 1.5 (and keep it
updated).
One benefit of using a newer version is better authentication - login based
instead of cookie-based.
Spam-control should also be better in 1.5.

The we can think about MediaWiki, which is a separate question.

P.S. Someone spamming UserPreferences can also be a permission issue. If
your spammer registered as a user on RDFWeb and if you allow registered
users to change system pages that could be the way how it got changed.

Best,
Uldis