[expertfinder-dev] Re: ExpertFinder Lunch Meeting/Expertise Vocab

paola.dimaio at gmail.com paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 05:59:34 BST 2007

Tom

Great stuff, thanks for starting this
In order to comment, we need to be able to read your work first!
How shall we best view your definitions?

I may have missed some of the progress, so apologies for knowledge gaps#
In my paper I made a proposal that we add a property to foaf called
'expertise'
has this been considered?  the value would then be the different kinds of
expertise etc

There is a difference beween expertise and experience, in the sense that
expertise arises from experience, whereby experience is a tangible thing
that can be related to
precise time occurrencies, while expertise is more an abstract quality and
the possibly deriving from the sum of all experiences

so i would start from defining the property name, and after discuss the rest
of the issues?
makes sense?

cheers
Paola Di Maio

<hoonoh:ExpertiseRelationship rdf:about=3D"
http://some-uri-for-this-expertise-relationship/">
    <hoonoh:from rdf:resource=3D"http://example.com/people/jack/" />
    <hoonoh:toTopic rdf:resource=3D"http://example.com/topics/beer/" />
    <hoonoh:value>0.532</hoonoh:value>
</hoonoh:ExpertiseRelationship>

<hoonoh:ExperienceRelationship rdf:about=3D"
http://some-uri-for-this-experience-relationship/">
    <hoonoh:from rdf:resource=3D"http://example.com/people/jack/" />
    <hoonoh:toTopic rdf:resource=3D"http://example.com/topics/beer/" />
    <hoonoh:value>0.895</hoonoh:value>
</hoonoh:ExperienceRelationship>

<hoonoh:AffinityRelationship rdf:about=3D"
http://some-uri-for-this-affinity-relationship/">
    <hoonoh:from rdf:resource=3D"http://example.com/people/jack/" />
    <hoonoh:toPerson rdf:resource=3D"http://example.com/people/jill/" />
    <hoonoh:value>0.20</hoonoh:value>