[expertfinder-dev] Re: clearing up IP issues

paola.dimaio at gmail.com paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 16:08:30 GMT 2007

HI Dan
we missed you in Busan
a lot of FOAF talk, (good and bad) and it would have been nice to chat
now I think we could have pinged you online -

anyway, could you please make the IP policy explicit for our group?
(see message below)
I get worried that any research programme may make ownership claims in
the future (profiteering and IP claims are on trhe increase for
knowledge developed collectively) unless we make a clear statement

'royalty free' is not a meaningful nor complete enough statement in
terms of making explicit contributors' rights and lefts

we talked to a dozen people working on expertfinder things and we ll
work on  brigning them all together on the list

An explicit IP policy will help us ensure that we are workign for the
common interest

summary will follow shortly
cheers
PDM