[expertfinder-dev] Re: clearing up IP issues

Axel Polleres axel.polleres at deri.org
Fri Nov 16 23:02:46 GMT 2007

Paola, all,

I do not think that there are any special IP issues attached to our
mailinglist. It is anybody's own responsibility what and how to
contribute it in the expertfinder forum. As long as wo don't have a
formal organisation or body attached to this activity, I consider this
pure exchange of research thoughts and results where collaborations and
activities arise by will to do so.

Whenever we publish anything jointly, we can agree on doing so under an
appropriate licensing model such as
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20030520.html#def-RF
(e.g. if we want to submit any results to W3C we anyway would need to do
so.).

At the moment, I consider this sufficient, although it might make sense
use some "light-weight" model such as creative commons license for a
website, which e.g. SIOC did, see http://rdfs.org/sioc/spec/

best,
Axel