[expertfinder-dev] Re: clearing up IP issues

paola.dimaio at gmail.com paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 23:59:25 GMT 2007

Axel
thanks for response
As I heard that Expertfinder was initially a funded initiative of
which I dont have details,  I wanted to make sure this does not come
with some IP burden of sorts

I also think there are no issues however our consensual agreement
should be explicit and we should do due diligence in that respect, as
there have been some previous cases of misunderstanding in the past on
other projects

I am working on adopting creative commons licenses on other projects,
and I have not
so far been able to resolve some conflicts within the license itself.,
and I dont think it will work for me -  so I am personally adopting a
standard copyright approach when contributing to public projects (that
means: everyone can use as desired/needed my contribution as long as
a) they infrom me, b) they attribute my work to me c) if any revenue
arises from my contribution I am owed a share of the revenues)

My preference is:
- allow contributors to preserve copyright as they wish, unless they
state otherwise
(this includes allowing them to license under creative commons or any
other formula that they prefer)
- in the absence of explicit statements, copyright law applies

The above should give freedom to chose what people want for themselves

I also think that the mailing list and wiki would ideally have more
than one admin
at any given time, this is to avoid bottlenecks and/or other possible
accidental arbitrary unilateral behaviour from any one person . This
means: irrespectively of who started the initiative, if this is to
progress thanks to the contribution of other individuals, they also
need to share the admins responsibility or something
I think whoever is responding faster to emails should take on wiki and
email admin privileges
(that would mean adding you and Tom perhaps :-)  )

Dan, would this be possible? (please respond within 24 hours!)

 if anyone else has other suggestions please share them, otherwise we
can add something along the lines above

I ll be going back home this weekend, and will be ready to post my
notes on Monday, after the above points have been addressed and
resolved hopefully
with a simple entry on the respective resources

cheers

PDM