[expertfinder-dev] expertfinder updates

paola.dimaio at gmail.com paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 13:42:40 GMT 2008

Axel, remember when we discussed in Busan that we could/should try
to test our own expertise rankings among this community?

for me, this is the time, as in the next 4 weeks I plan to do things
and would very much
like to benefit from the expertise of the expertfinder team

I order to to so, I would very much like to have 2 things set up asap

1. the taxonomy module on the new drupal website - this is because I
am putting together a map of expertise based on a kind contribution of
a world class donor (to be named when I have the taxonomy in hand with
regular permission to use it)  who is making their
expertise taxonomy available to us.I'd like to load the expertise
hierarchy in some form, and obviously would like to discuss the
various configuration options with the list.

People may or may not use the expertise taxonomy in their projects,
but somehow I feel
this would be a useful resource for many of us (for my project for sure)

2. I also need to load the FOAF module extension to the current site,
(modiffied with expertise properties) so that when people register
they can each add their expertise to their profile, providing a test
bed for us to work with

I also would like admin access to the site, so I can get my geek
friends to do the above
should nobody on this list know what I am talking about

(I am not sure I make myself clear, for those who dont undersand what
I am talking about,
please check out my outline here
www.slideshare.net/PaolaDIM/foaf-expertfinder-epr-poster-session
and let me have any questions)

I have a couple of possible people interested in harnessing our
expertise in this expertfinder
exercise, so it would be useful if we find a way of being
functional/articulating the works

let me know whatyathink
chers
PDM