[rdfweb-dev] Re: RDFWebWikiGlue?

Dan Brickley danbri at w...
Sat Feb 24 17:32:25 UTC 2001

On Sat, 24 Feb 2001, Dan Connolly wrote:

> Dan Brickley wrote:
> [...]
> > Thus... (no namespaces; sue me)
> >
> > <wn:Person foaf:mbox="mailto:connolly at w...">
(yes, that's a bug; i meant rsource=)
> > <wiki:Name>DanConnolly</wiki:wikiName>
> > <wiki:wikiWebbed>
> > <wiki:Site web:about="http://c2.com/cgi-bin/wiki?">
> > <dc:title>WikiWikiWeb front page</dc:title>
> > </wiki:Site>
> > </wiki:wikiWebbed>
> > </wn:Person>
>
> I have to look at things in n3 to make sense of them any more;
> if I'm reading the above correctly (despite the
> use of foaf:mbox as a propAttr rather than as
> a subelement with a resource= element), it's equivalent to:
>
> @prefix : <wiki#> .
> @prefix wn: <wordnet#> .
> @prefix foaf: <foaf#> .
> @prefix dc: <dublincore#> .
>
> [ a wn:Person;
> foaf:mbox <mailto:connolly at w...>;
> :wikiName "DanConnolly";
> :wikiWebbed [
> a :Site;
> = <http://c2.com/cgi-bin/wiki>;
> dc:title "WikiWikiWeb front page" ] ].
>
> This representation suffers from a gotcha we've seen before...
> I'm not sure what to call it; but try to give me two
> different wikiNames at two different wikiSites; you'll get
> you're wires crossed. I can't think of a fix at this late
> hour. In fact, if this message makes no sense at all,
> well, just never mind.

You're right; we had this discussion before when you wanted creatorEmail
and creatorShoesize properties dangled off a Document (to avoid
intermediate anonymous nodes).

We'd need to have a wiki:wiked property pointing to something representing
to combination of a wiki and a concept. Perhaps a WikiEntry with a
wikiSite and a wikiConcept?

Is it common to encounter the same named concept desicribed in multiple
wikis?