SWAG: Re: foaf:knows foaf:knowsWell foaf:friend ... : time to choose!

Aaron Swartz aswartz at s...
Mon Mar 12 21:55:35 UTC 2001

Seth Russell <seth at r...> wrote:

> Another thing is that someone (perhaps even me) is going to come along and
> declare the english prefix and then suddenly all English words can be used
> as arc labels ... so that then we will have english:knows .. which carries
> with it all the semantics and beautiful ambiguity given to it by the
> English language.

I (and DanBri before me) already do this to some extent with the WordNet
schema, i.e.:

http://xmlns.com/wordnet/1.6/Knowledge

but it only does classes, not arc labels. (Also note that Knowledge is
Power, or at least Power rdfs:subClassOf Knowledge ;-))

--
[ Aaron Swartz | me at a... | http://www.aaronsw.com ]