Chatlogs in RDF

Aaron Swartz aswartz at s...
Mon Mar 12 22:10:35 UTC 2001

WRT Dave's logs in RDF work: http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/rdfig/

I felt that we needed some FOAF properties to better describe the logs:

<foaf:ChatChannel rdf:about="irc://irc.openprojects.net/rdfig">
<foaf:chatLog>
<rdf:Seq>
<rdf:li><foaf:ChatEvent>
<!-- ... -->
</foaf:ChatEvent></rdf:li>
</rdf:Seq>
</foaf:chatLog>
</foaf:ChatChannel>

The ChatChannel was already posted here, but here's an RDF Schema for them:

<rdfs:Class rdf:about="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/ChatChannel"
rdfs:label="Chat Channel"
rdfs:comment="A chat channel (includes IRC and other chat formats)."

<rdf:Property rdf:about="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/chatLog"
rdfs:label="Chat Log"
rdfs:comment="Connects a list of ChatEvents with a ChatChannel."

<rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/ChatChannel" />
<rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#Seq"/>
</rdf:Property>

<rdfs:Class rdf:about="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/ChatEvent"
rdfs:label="Chat Event"
rdfs:comment="Something that happens in a ChatChannel (includes someone
entering the room or saying something)."

What do others think?

--
Aaron Swartz <me at a...>| my.info
<http://www.aaronsw.com> | <http://my.theinfo.org>