IRC channel

Aaron Swartz aswartz at s...
Sun Mar 25 05:18:24 UTC 2001

Libby Miller <libby.miller at b...> wrote:

> smooshed my draft foaf schema into

It's nitpick boy to the rescue! ;-)

1) Classes should be capitalized, as should the WordNet terms that they
reference. Currently you have a bunch of bad links/definitions. (affects
person and document)

2) lastName seems to have slipped out of the schema... Oh wait, I see it's
up at the top as surname. Hmm. There should probably be an equivalence
between givenname and firstname. Actually maybe not since first name is a
presentational issue...

3) What's up with the links to the WD RDFS namespace? Shouldn't these be
updated to the real namespace?

http://webns.net/rdfs/ -> http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#

4) assurance? Isn't this in the wot namespace? I guess not...

5) Isn't img rdfs:subClassOf depiction?

6) I don't remember what Dan decided about the knows/knowsWell, etc.
controversy, but there should be subclasses in here somewhere.

7) Shouldn't sister be sibling and wife be spouse? Well, definitely sister
-- I mean, what about men with only brothers?

8) Why isn't your table of contents in the same order as the schema? And
even better would be if it was in html (with links to the properties)
instead of in a comment.

9) Notably absent is:
:contribProject a rdf:Property
rdfs:domain wn:person; rdfs:range wn:Project .

Either way, thanks a lot for putting this schema together. The foaf ns was
becoming a bit of a hodgepodge.

--
[ Aaron Swartz | me at a... | http://www.aaronsw.com ]