Data for RDFweb

Graham Klyne gk-rdfweb at n...
Tue Oct 9 21:48:30 UTC 2001

Hi folks,

I'm working on a design for a program (prompted in part by something James
Hendler said at SWWS) to capture and generate web page data in both HTML
and N3/RDF formats. The plan is to use RDF data to describe data
structures (sort-of schema-plus) and forms that are used to create, edit
and format web page information. I think the system can be bootstrapped
from a relatively small number of primitive operations, and an RDF database
of descriptions. Currently, I'm planning to use:
- a combination of Java and Python for programming,
- probably the Jena API for RDF parsing,
- a Linux hosted database (MySQL?) for the back-end, though I also would
like to support a pure Java database system
- Linux-hosted Apache for HTTP access
- (X)HTML forms for the command and user interface

I'm interested in other tools that might be useful in this area... any
suggestions?

I'm aiming to develop the software to "commercial strength" (though not in
itself commercial) so that it can be used as part of or a front-end to
possible commercial products.

#g