[ANN] Inkling (SquishQL) release 0.7 (fwd)

Libby Miller libby.miller at b...
Fri Aug 2 15:57:24 UTC 2002

fyi...I spent quite a lot of time writing out how to set up a
codepiction server...
http://swordfish.rdfweb.org/rdfquery/downloads.html#codepiction

Also I spent a fair bit of time improving the scutter for foaf things,
so that it can use RDF seealso links.

cheers

Libby

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 16:47:32 +0100 (BST)
From: Libby Miller <Libby.Miller at b...>
To: www-rdf-interest at w...
Subject: [ANN] Inkling (SquishQL) release 0.7

Inkling 0.7
http://swordfish.rdfweb.org/rdfquery/

Inkling is a GPL-licensed SquishQL RDF query implementation written in
Java. It can take SQL-like query strings and uses the JDBC API. It is
demonstration software for experimentation and dissemination purposes.
There are in-memory and SQL database backed implementations. The latter
includes a query translator to a specific SQL schema: this was adapted
from Matt Biddulph's php version.

The SquishQL query language was based on ideas from the paper Enabling
Inference by R.V. Guha, Ora Lassila, Eric Miller and Dan Brickley
http://www.w3.org/TandS/QL/QL98/pp/enabling.html, and Guha's RDFdb
implementation http://guha.com/rdfdb/.

Main changes:

* Rewritten and reorganised much of the old codebase, with lots of help
from Leigh Dodds

* Moved from SiRPAC to ARP RDF parser

* Added some more testcases
http://swordfish.rdfweb.org/rdfquery/tests/

* Added some usecases and sample JSPs for Codepiction, RSS, calendaring
http://swordfish.rdfweb.org/rdfquery/downloads.html

* Written a better query parser for Inkling using javacc. Thanks to
Andy Seaborne who helped me with working out how to use Javacc for this.

Libby