foaf link rel syntax - for linking to one's foaf from homepage

Dan Brickley danbri at w...
Thu Dec 12 00:44:28 UTC 2002

there seem to be a few variants floating around.

<link rel="meta" type="application/rdf+xml" title="FOAF" href="foaf.rdf" />

...looks the best to me, although

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-links doesn't define 'meta'.

If we stick with the convention of a link title of "FOAF", we can get away
with not worrying too much about defining an html profile for rel="meta".

BTW I'd also recommend we encourage folk to use the filename foaf.rdf
(although not that this doesn't really matter) since it makes these documents
much easier to find via google and similar search engines.