[rdfweb-dev] FOAF-a-matic

Jim Ley jim at j...
Wed Jul 10 18:38:14 UTC 2002

"Dan Brickley" <danbri at w...>

> What else...? Oh yeah, FOAF-as-deployed survey. See the 'scutterstats'
> file(s) in http://rdfweb.org/2002/foaf/ for some rough stats on the
> classes and properties my harvester has encountered.

does your harvester go asking for .asc's of the files it's harvesting?
Is there any chance of having some sort of robots.rdf for giving rules to
such harvesters - monitoring 404's is beginning to be a pain...

http://www.ldodds.com/foaf/foaf-a-matic.html
> current output:

Something that might be nice to add would be an RDF parser to "validate"
the output, at the moment there's no escaping of entities etc. so you've
got a good chance of getting invalid XML, let alone invalid RDF - what we
really need is a javascript serialiser but I fear that's kind of tough.

Other nice things to add would be buttons which add more lines for the
knows, see example code in http://jibbering.com/svg/AnnotateImage.html
for this (that page is a bit naughty as I'm not checking it's possible to
add such lines, that can be done of course.)

A javascript style note, would be give the forms names, and stop using
indexes for the forms (you don't know when a user has inserted another
form above yours.)

> (i) foaf:friend, foaf:knowsWell: abandoned in place of generic
> foaf:knows, with other info suggested but not implied through other
> factoids, eg. co-depictions.

I'm not sure why we need to say such anyway, Google already seems to
know:

http://labs.google.com/sets?hl=en&q1=Libby%20Miller&btn=Shrink