[rdfweb-dev] FOAF-a-matic

Jim Ley jim at j...
Wed Jul 10 20:14:05 UTC 2002

"Dan Brickley" <danbri at w...>
> Jim Ley wrote:
> > "Dan Brickley" <danbri at w...>
> >>Couple of quick nitpicks re
> >
> > http://www.ldodds.com/foaf/foaf-a-matic.html
> >
> >>current output:
> >

> > Something that might be nice to add would be an RDF parser to
"validate"
> > the output, at the moment there's no escaping of entities etc. so
you've
> > got a good chance of getting invalid XML, let alone invalid RDF -
what we
> > really need is a javascript serialiser but I fear that's kind of
tough.
> Perhaps spawning a new page that emulates the form
> from http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator would be a start? Not very user
> friendly though.

Well, I was just thinking of this sort of thing:
http://jibbering.com/2002/7/foaf.html

Maybe, then add some simple querying... of the data live in the page
aswell...

One day I'll convince the world that we don't need python and servers and
stuff, we can do it in all the browser with javascript!

> Wonder how long it'll be before http://images.google.com/ supports
> (co)depiction...?

Well, I'm pretty confident I spam my images to the head of the list, so
when it does, I'll be sure to make sure your embarrassing photos come up
first.

Jim.