Advogato

Leigh Dodds leigh at l...
Thu Jul 11 11:21:13 UTC 2002

Has it occured to anyone that the entries in Advogato can easily
be dumped into FOAF?

Advogato FOAF
----------------------
Person Person
account nick
Name name
Homepage homepage
Notes ??
Project Project/currentProject
diary entries Document/publications
certified knows

Add a http://http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/advogato#certification property
and I think that pretty much covers it.

Has anyone already done this? Doesn't seem hugely difficult: run
the pages through HTML Tidy + Regular Fragmentations + some XSLT and
you're probably 90% there.

A project for another day I think. Reworking FOAF-a-matic at the moment.

Cheerio,

L.

p.s. You could do the same with blogrolls I think. Doubtless Radio or
similar tools could be customised to dump out FOAF descriptions of their
authors and their reading lists, etc.

--
Leigh Dodds
http://weblogs.userland.com/eclectic