[rdfweb-dev] Re: FOAF 0.1: Organized, Explained, Collated, Part One

Aaron Swartz aswartz at s...
Sun Jul 14 02:59:16 UTC 2002

Wow, that's a beautiful response from Morbus. Can I put a copy on my
website and link to it? (Don't want to link thru all the Yahoogroups
> But people keep telling me to trust RDF's verbosity. Argh. Can someone
> beat
> into me why something like this wouldn't work? Help me understand I'm
> making some newbish RDF mistake.
>
> <foaf:nick rdf:resource="http://www.icq.com/">2927491</foaf:nick>

It doesn't work because the RDF/XML syntax was designed by a committee.
I agree that something like this should be allowed. Since this will
never happen, you will have to use the more verbose:

<foaf:nick foaf:domain="http://www.icq.com/" rdf:value="2927491" />

I hope this isn't too bad.
--
Aaron Swartz [http://www.aaronsw.com]
4FAC4838B7D8D13FA6D92EDB4145521E79F0DF4B