[rdfweb-dev] currentProject

Libby Miller libby.miller at b...
Fri Jul 26 07:58:28 UTC 2002

Hi Earle

I don't think the format you suggest is unreasonable. There might be a
case for separating out the project url to be at the end of a
projectHomepage or somesuch property if you think it might change.

I recently wasted a chunk of a day trying to disentangle a mess that
happened when RDF merged data in unexpected ways because as a shortcut I
collapsed the notion of an organisation with its homepage. I'm not sure
if that applies here. Basically the test is - is any given project
likely to have more than one title and/or description, and if it is,
does it matter if they all get hung off that one node?

On the other hand, this might be what you want if you are pulling in
information from various places separately about title and description
of a given project.

You might be asking about the range of currentProject. We've
deliberately left ranges general (after some false starts). So the form
you use is compatible with the current range of Resource.

cheers

Libby