[rdfweb-dev] rdfweb.org updating from cvs

Jan Grant jan.grant at b...
Wed Jun 19 08:25:15 UTC 2002

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Dan Brickley wrote:

> For those that care, the main pages on rdfweb.org (ie the RDFWeb
> website) are now updating periodically from CVS. I've just linked the
> Wiki from the home page too.
>
> This might seem trivial, but there's a mental hurdle involved in doing
> stuff on rdfweb.org currently. Check out changes, edit, commmit, then log
> in to the webserver box and check it out. A bit of a drag, and I've
> noticed I've been putting various things online on my home dev't box
> instead, being lazy. The new setup isn't ideal website updates should be
> triggered, not checked for every 10 mins, which is how I've rigged it for
> now.
>
> Feel free to wade into the Wiki to add links etc.

cvs triggering isn't all that great; a cronjob isn't so bad.
For what it's worth, I've got a few small scripts that let people check
out and update a development copy (or the live copy) of a website, so
that restarting web containers, etc, need only be done after a string of
commits. This means you can commit changes in logcal chunks, rather than
all in one go.

Tel +44(0)117 9287088 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant at b...
Semantic rules, OK?