[rdfweb-dev] Clever foaf icon/badge image?

Doug Ransom doug.ransom at a...
Fri Nov 22 14:06:48 UTC 2002

Once we have an image, it would be nice if there SVG and PNG versions
as the preferred formats (as opposed jpegs). You can put metadata into
the image on those formats (as you can with jpeg).
Out of the choices so far, I like this better:
http://internetalchemy.org/2002/11/foafButton1.gif.
<http://internetalchemy.org/2002/11/foafButton1.gif>
I think the red-green together might be annoying for the colour blind,
the foaf text is redundant on the icon, since it will unique to foaf.

The xml icon for rss looks pretty good, maybe we should just use it for
foaf too. Throw in some metadata somwhere so you can tell its pointing
at a foaf file without openening it.