[rdfweb-dev] button rules

Dan Brickley danbri at w...
Sat Nov 23 18:04:36 UTC 2002

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, Danny Ayers wrote:

> Everyone has their favorite file formats and fossil fuels (mine is diesel).

> I don't know how well SVG is supported, by everything supports png these

I think the Adobe plugin might be bundled with Acrobat now (or soon), so
that suggests pretty wide support is looming.

On Mozilla currently (maybe only some platforms) the use of SVG for images
embedded in HTML pages (eg. our 'see also foaf.rdf' buttons) can cause a
browser crash. This sucks... hopefully they'll either fix the Moz plugin
API or get around to shipping native SVG support.
seealso: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/svg/

So yeah embedded svg buttons would be cool, but we'd need to test them in
Mozilla. I suspect .png is the way to go for a while yet...

dan