Bartering

jagolbec golbeck at c...
Sat Nov 30 19:10:30 UTC 2002

it strikes me that the foafAuction variant of foafShop would be a good
(and not too difficult project) to set up. it incorporates all of the
foafShop ideas with regard to matching buyers and sellers as well as
having an explicit way for developing trust.

eBay itself has been something we've been talking about as a project
to try the trustBot type exercises with. a foafAuction would be nicer
because it would allow users to assign more extensive trust
relationships than the eBay positive or negative feedback.

-jen

golbeck at c...

'http://example.com/car.jpg'.

rdf:resource="http://example.com/car/allaboutthecar.rdf"/>

rdf:about="http://example.com/car/allaboutthecar.rdf"/>
> </rdfs:seeAlso>
> </wn:Car>
> </has>
>
> ...if we wanted to mention more about the kind of document we're
linking to.

> Aside re rdf syntax: the attribute which gives the URI for the
> allaboutthecar.rdf doc moves in this latter example from an XML
element that
> specifies a relation (seeAlso) to an XML element that specifies a
(typed)thing, ie. the eg:FOAFShopDoc element. Accordingly, we use
rdf:about instead of
> rdf:resource. This is a possible source of confusion for those not
used to
> RDF's XML syntax, so just thought I'd mention it here to avoid any
puzzlement.

> ...so, this gives us two flavours of hint for robots indexing a Web
of RDF files: the type of thing described by the seeAlso-referenced
document, and the