[rdfweb-dev] Best Practice for working with RDF in code

Libby Miller libby.miller at b...
Tue Oct 1 16:00:26 UTC 2002

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Danny Ayers wrote:

> >Is the best practice to use an RDF library build ontop of an XML
> >parser to deal with RDF, or to use XSLT to convert RDF to some tree
> >structure, or what?
>
> Not sure about best practice, but the first approach you mention is that
> used by quite a lot of tools, whereas the second is a bit iffy because of
> the difference in graph/tree models.

right, though Max Froumentin has done an XSLT to RDF N-triple parser:

http://www.w3.org/2001/12/rubyrdf/xsltrdf/README.html

N-triple is a different, simpler, non-XML, and not offical syntax for
RDF which is very simple to parse. It's unofficial because it doesn't do
proper internationalization. The RDFCore working group use it for tests
though. I guess it might just lead to confusion in this
case...here's the url for info though:

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/ntriples/.

Libby