[rdfweb-dev] The house that Jack built

Danny Ayers danny666 at v...
Sat Oct 5 10:37:13 UTC 2002

I think this is lovely ;-)

(it does rather suggest an abbreviated syntaxed for simple stripes, but I
suppose this is a bit of an extreme example)

>Gets us "farmer" (although it does not get us "the farmer").

'the' should be covered somewhere - probably in the 'traditional' krep
stuff? (Sowa? - http://www.jfsowa.com/ )

It's an instance of the class farmer, and the instance that we're talking
about... a bnode should do?

>But I don't believe Wordnet verbs have been converted to RDF,
>or am I missing something? How are we going to represent the
>verbs?

One approach may be to model the taxonomy used in Wordnet, to give something
like transitiveVerb (whatever that is ;-) With a bit of luck these should
map directly across to upper ontology things like 'action'.

>My head is not good at this abstract stuff. I need examples
>to build on.

How about :

>> <Priest>
>> <married>
>> <Man>

Expressing that in a form that wouldn't offend High Church sensibilities
would be impressive.

Cheers,
Danny.