[rdfweb-dev] svg codepiction UI bug: name <-> mailbox

Jim Ley jim at j...
Sun Oct 6 16:17:10 UTC 2002

"Dan Brickley" <danbri at w...>

http://swordfish.rdfweb.org/photos/2002/10/04/Images/7.jpg

> I've lost the URL for the generated RDF, and have successfully added a
> fixed up version. Any chance you and Lib can help me clear up the mess?

I've deleted the broken RDF files (well actually just renamed them), and
fixed the bug in the interface.

http://swordfish.rdfweb.org/discovery/2002/02/paths/scutterplan.rdf
> but can't find the url, ie http://jibbering.com/rdfweb/??????.rdf
> someplace.

It may not've been added, the scripts adding them to the list failed to
return on some occasions (it takes ages and I time it out, but it
generally does get added.)

However, looking at:

http://jibbering.com/codepiction/complex.1?date=2002-10-04
and
http://jibbering.com/codepiction/complex.1?date=2002-10-05

Something very nasty has happened to the codepicted world...

> It'd be fun to encourage a whole bunch of people to use this tool, but
> don't want to make loads of helpdesky work for you and libby when
people
> mess up (as will happen, see above!). Am wondering what we could do to
> make it easier to fix errors etc...

My main problem is if I add the ability to "delete" or modify the RDF, I
need to put mechanisms in to ensure it's only a legitimate person doing
it, and I can't think of any simple mechanism for this - I'll write
something though that at the very least allows you to "rename the file"
this will hide it from Libby's next scutter, removing it from that, and
if some nasty person did it, I can just rename them back.

It will probably be some sort of form, which lists the name of the
Annotator, and the names of all the people/objects in the photo, which
should be enough - I guess I can also add a full editing capability to
some people under password control.

Jim.
(Please CC me if poss. in replies, I don't really read rdfweb-dev due to
my distaste of yahoogroups)