[rdfweb-dev] FOAF, RDDL, and me

Phil Ringnalda phil at p...
Tue Oct 8 03:36:01 UTC 2002

charset="iso-8859-1"

Doug Ransom wrote:
> That is likely the approach I would take too (seperate document), but I t=
hink
> the best practice predates the modularization of XHTML.=20

Actually, no. That's a June 2002 resolution to an issue from December 2000,=
so starting from before XHTML Mod and waiting until 14 months after it bec=
ame a Rec, the RDF Core WG decided that "The obvious solution of changing o=
r extending the DTD is not practical for most uses." If your goal is someth=
ing that the W3C validator will approve of, I'd say it's closer to "not pos=
sible." Been there, tried that, still have the scars.

Phil Ringnalda