[rdfweb-dev] FOAF use of rdf:seeAlso, or what?

Dan Brickley danbri at w...
Tue Oct 15 15:57:15 UTC 2002

<Person foaf:name="Dan Brickley">
<foaf:made>
<rdf:Description rdf:about="thisdata.xml"/>
</foaf:made>
</Person>

...would be a minimal way of doing this. You might want to augment the
description by talking about the type (dc:format, or rdf:type etc) of the
thing you made, or give it a title, description etc.

Re rdfs:seeAlso, yes I generally encourage its use only for things that
are easy to get into an RDF format. There is a sliding scale there, of
course, since lots of kinds of data can have rdf extracted from them or be
converted into RDF. The best (most widely understood) thing to point to
with seeAlso is RDF/XML, but you could make a case for any RDF syntax (N3
etc) being pointed to, although using obscure formats raises risk that
nobody will understand them.

Sorry if this isn't clear, am in a rush, typing from dc2002 in Florence :)

Dan