[rdfweb-dev] FOAF use of rdf:seeAlso, or what?

Dougal Campbell dougal at g...
Tue Oct 15 16:51:25 UTC 2002

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, e_vitiello_jr wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have quite a few XML files that I've created for various things,
> but they aren't RDF, and I think people might find them useful, so
> I'd like to publish them in my FOAF as such.
>
> I'm stumped as to what the proper format should be though.
>
> I was thinking:
>
> <foaf:made>
> <rdfs:seeAlso rdf:resource="thisdata.xml" />
> </foaf:made>
>
> but I think the rdfs:seeAlso/@rdf:resource combo should be used for
> RDF only. Sow hat is the proper way to use foaf:made and point to a
> non-RDF XML resource?

I've got no clue on "proper", but I use foaf:Document like so:

<foaf:Document rdf:about="http://dougal.gunters.org/cartag.html">
<dc:title>The Car Tag Saga</dc:title>
<dc:description>Dougal's experiences with customized license plates</dc:description>
<dc:creator>
<foaf:Person>
<foaf:mbox rdf:resource="mailto:dougal at g..." />
</foaf:Person>
</dc:creator>
</foaf:Document>

(from my FOAF @ http://dougal.gunters.org/dougal.about.xml)

--
Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal at g...>
http://dougal.gunters.org/ http://spam.gunters.org/