[rdfweb-dev] FOAF Schema

Jason Bell jason at p...
Thu Oct 31 10:31:41 UTC 2002

Let me chip in a bit more.

<<Then there's the question of characterising skill levels where something
similar to the unspellable Advogato (http://www.advogato.org/) site's
Apprentice, Journeyer, and Master distinction might be useful.>>

I find Advogato a tad vague for my liking. I was thinking something along
the lines of...

<foaf:Person rdf:ID="jaseb">
<!-- all the usual foaf type stuff -->
<foaf:skillSet>
<!-- first off our job title -->
<foaf:skillTitle>Java Programmer</foaf:skillTitle>
<foaf:skillWorkDuration>Permanent</foaf:skillWorkDuration>
<!-- then all the skills that we think we have :) -->
<foaf:skillName>Core Java</foaf:skillName>
<foaf:skillName>JSP</foaf:skillName>
<foaf:skillName>XML-RPC</foaf:skillName>
<foaf:skillName>UML/RUP</foaf:skillName>
<foaf:skillName>Orion Application Server</foaf:skillName>
<foaf:skillName>XSLT</foaf:skillName>

<!-- any certification? -->
<foaf:skillCert>Sun Certified Java Programmer</foaf:skillCert>
</foaf:skillSet>

</foaf:Person>

... you could expand from there, including the Advogato ranking if you
*really* wanted. I think these limit the foaf back to software development.
I'm thinking more along the lines of decent business intelligence. I may
want to invite a team of foafers to work on a Java project who have JSP,
XSLT and XML-RPC, searching through the foafs I could rank the people I want
to contact.

I may be notching up a gear a bit soon, I don't know. It's just something
that I think could work very well. Why post loads of CV's to loads of job
sites when it should be the sites hoovering for you! :)

No doubt I'll chip in a bit more as time goes on.

Regards
Jason Bell