[rdfweb-dev] foaf weblog'd

Seth Russell seth at r...
Wed Sep 25 15:24:51 UTC 2002

Danny Ayers wrote:

> I think I misunderstood Seth's original idea behind semref, thinking
> seeAlso
> alone was adequate. I'm not sure semref really adds very much though -
> wouldn't it better to further qualify the seeAlso pointer with properties?
>

> <rdfs:seeAlso dc:format="application/rdf+xml" xforms:type="linkButton"
> rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/09/fictional.rdf" />

This produces some wierd triples. Try it in the validator, and\or take
a look at the screen shot [1]. The property label on the seeAlso arc
does not appear to be a URI. I though it always had to be a URI.
Maybe Dan can shed some light here. Do we need to start supporting
(literals?) as predicate labels now? Is the <rdfs:seeAlso> supposed to
match up with the seeAlso uri
<http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#seeAlso> ? What am I missing here?

[1]
http://robustai.net/sailor/screenShots/foaf_seeAlso_linkButton_example.html

In the screen shot note the red ~read~> buttons ... those are the
sailor's guessess. The second one could be generated without guessing
based on your the xforms:type arc. I've have been assuming that it
would be application's choice which bottons to show and where to put
them; but I suppose we could start creating a vocabulary of author
suggested buttons.

Seth Russell
http://robustai.net/sailor/