[rdfweb-dev] Re: [Geowanking] Scraping geolocated friends from Friendster

Dan Brickley danbri at w3.org
Wed Aug 6 21:13:32 UTC 2003

+cc: FOAF list

* Ben Discoe <ben at vterrain.org> [2003-08-06 17:04-0400]

> Dan,
>
> I've updated the project pages
> (http://washedashore.com/people/friendster/) with more info, and
> source/binaries for the spider.  Lemme know if you do something..

Cool, thanks. The graphviz layout looks interesting. I'd be running from
Linux, so I guess I'd need to request VTP and build that first. But just
having the code to look at is definitely handy, maybe someone from the
FOAF list will be into running this on windows, transliterating into
Perl etc., or make a linux binary available...

One more request: could you make the .dot GraphViz file available that
generated http://washedashore.com/people/friendster/neato1.png -- I've
not seen that layout used, and it seems good for visualising inter-group
connections.

cheers,

Dan