[rdfweb-dev] telephone as inverseFunctionalProperty ?

Jonathan Greensted jonathan.greensted at sentient.co.uk
Thu Aug 7 07:28:56 UTC 2003

Hello FOAFers!

Funny you should mention phone numbers.

We recently had to decide how to deal with home, work, mobile (cell) phone
numbers in FOAF so we've added a foaf:type which I'm not sure able?

<foaf:Person>
   <foaf:name>Jonathan Greensted</foaf:name>
   <foaf:mboxsha1sum>1d353ed24aa4827c34b6c0546e02122d123f1853</foaf:mboxsha1sum>
   <foaf:phone foaf:type="mobile">tel:070 9211 9075</foaf:phone>
   <foaf:phone foaf:type="business">tel:014 8368 5555</foaf:phone>
   <foaf:weburi>http://www.sentient.co.uk</foaf:weburi>
   <foaf:imageuri>http://www.sentient.co.uk/Images/me.gif</foaf:imageuri>
</foaf:Person>

What do you guys think?

Also, there's a standard set of properties to an Outlook contact record which
we could also add.  Should we extend the FOAF namespace or create a Outlook or
FreddieOutlook namespace?

If you would like to see the FOAF we generate please download the Outlook2FOAF
beta via here:

http://www.ecademy.com/module.php?mod=club&op=forum&c=628&t=21643

All feedback is greatly appreciated.

Jonathan

PS. Freddie knows that the largest FOAF file today was created by Thomas Power
using the Outlook2FOAF tool.  12k+ knows/Person things in a single file!