[rdfweb-dev] Re: Suggestions for FOAF model alterations

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 7 13:33:17 UTC 2003

> PS. What do people think about extending the namespace with all the Outlook
> properties?  (Including birthday).  Is this OK or will we get into trouble
with
> the FOAF police?

There are probably already alternatives that exist in other namespace efforts.
Rather than reinvent them it might be better to work with those efforts to find
ways to properly correlate what you've got with what their vocabularies already
support.

There may well be some things that don't have a direct one-to-one but it's often
better to ask first rather than polarize the other participants by reinventing
their wheel.

-Bill Kearney