[rdfweb-dev] seeAlso

Julian Bond julian_bond at voidstar.com
Sat Aug 9 07:34:36 UTC 2003

Chris Croome <chris at webarchitects.co.uk> wrote:
>One thought, when your weblog has a RSS 1.0 feed would it make sense
>to add a seeAlso to point to the blog RDF?

Two thoughts I've had in this area.

I wonder if we need a new property or a convention for seeAlso that is
only used to point at FOAF files. The problem is that seeAlso is well
entrenched and it's also generic to RDF and not just FOAF. Then it's
quite hard to say what a "FOAF" file is. But it's still annoying as a
scutter developer to get pointed at files that aren't even RDF. In the
example above, we have to realistically include all the varieties of
RSS. Which means that seeAlso would end up being used to point at at
least some non-RDF.

The other thought is for sites that generate large quantities of FOAF
(such as Ecademy). Would it be useful to produce a scutter plan for the
whole site? How should I signpost it's existence?

Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond at voidstar.com
Webmaster:              http://www.ecademy.com/
Personal WebLog:       http://www.voidstar.com/
M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173   T: +44 (0)192 0412 433