[rdfweb-dev] Time's running out?

Jim Ley jim at jibbering.com
Sun Aug 10 00:46:17 UTC 2003

"Danny Ayers" <danny666 at virgilio.it>
> I'm not sure about "define a resource for foaf:Person" - with the Jena
> (Java) kit I'd probably load the data in, then look for all resources
> where
> their rdf:type is foaf:Person, then get all triples with foaf:knows, and
> pull out their objects (which should also be foaf:Persons). At that
> point
> it'd be necessary to retrieve the seeAlso'd files and load them in.

My approach is to find all the THINGS with a  foaf:mbox_sha1sum and then see
what those things know, doing it this we way can ignore the type in the
code, it does mean that we use data of the slightly less defined THINGS,
however because of the foaf:mbox_sha1sum limitation on it being about a
foaf:Person, we're not very limiting by just looking at THINGS, and it means
people can use much neater syntax in their RDF docs, and I don't need to
teach my tools about subClasses.

Jim.