[rdfweb-dev] RDF Parsers

Jim Ley jim at jibbering.com
Mon Aug 11 20:29:27 UTC 2003

"Edd Dumbill" <edd at usefulinc.com>
> On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 11:05, Julian Bond wrote:
> > I'm really just stating facts here rather than moaning at you. The thing
> > is, like it or loathe it, there are quite a lot of us app developers out
> > there who live mostly in the OSS world but use a windows PC for home
> > development. Purely from the POV of evangelising FOAF and RDF, I think
> > it's important we're able to support and encourage the three platforms
> > of pure OSS, mixed OSS and MS and pure MS.
>
> Agreed.  Binary, easy install, distributions of toolkits is a very good
> idea.  I know that some of us who develop more on Linux don't have the
> time to figure out what Windows requires, so if there are any people
> willing to help out with an open source installer setup, I'm sure such
> contributions would be welcomed.

I've built Raptor on windows many times, simply by doing the
"configure/make" dance, it works just the same as on windows.  Of course you
could go for a buld using other windows compilers than gcc under cygwin, but
they all cost lots of cash, and aren't that friendly compared to the
configure make.

Redland might deserve an installer, but would raptor really?

Jim.