[rdfweb-dev] Time's running out?

Morten Frederiksen mof-rdf at mfd-consult.dk
Mon Aug 11 20:42:56 UTC 2003

"Danny Ayers" <danny666 at virgilio.it> wrote:
>It depends - if we had
>
>Person
> foaf:name "Jack"
> foaf:shoeSize "43"
>
>and your app doesn't know anything specific about foaf:shoeSize, it can
>still use the information. For example, it might just display the property
>name and value (I think Morten's FOAF Explorer might do this).
Yep, by default it displays anything, trying to consult the schema
(from the namespace declarations) for a suitable label, otherwise just
uses the property name.

Have you all tried hovering your pointer above the labels?

Oh, and regarding the "missing foaf:Person issue", I employ the same
approach as Jim: Look for properties with a domain of foaf:Person (as
well), since these can never be "missing" like the rdf:type information
can.

(By missing I don't mean that they can't not be present, but the only
"fixed" part of a triple is the predicate.)

Regards,
Morten Frederiksen
---
A.A.A.A.A.: An organization for drunks who drive