[rdfweb-dev] Time's running out?

Libby Miller Libby.Miller at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Aug 11 22:22:25 UTC 2003

> Oh, and regarding the "missing foaf:Person issue", I employ the same
> approach as Jim: Look for properties with a domain of foaf:Person (as
> well), since these can never be "missing" like the rdf:type information
> can.

me too...and it seems to work pretty well. It may be that these are just
different styles of working with the data.

so looking at the schema, mbox_sha1_sum is constrained to point from an
agent, of which a Person is a subclass, so that's ok:

 <rdf:Property rdf:about="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/mbox_sha1sum"
vs:term_status="testing" rdfs:label="sha1sum of a personal mailbox URI
name" rdfs:comment="The sha1sum of the URI of an Internet mailbox
associated with exactly one owner, the  first owner of the mailbox.">
    <rdf:type
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#InverseFunctionalProperty"/>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Agent"/>
    <rdfs:range
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#Literal"/>
    <rdfs:isDefinedBy rdf:resource="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/"/>
  </rdf:Property>

mbox is as yet formally unconstrained as Julian points out.

Libby