[rdfweb-dev] Time's running out?

Julian Bond julian_bond at voidstar.com
Tue Aug 12 07:48:54 UTC 2003

Libby Miller <Libby.Miller at bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
>mbox is as yet formally unconstrained as Julian points out.

I'm seeing foaf out there with some mbox and some mbox_sha1sum. I've
been effectively using mbox as the primary key to people but actually
using the obfuscated version in mbox_sha1sum. So searching for whether
I've seen a specific person requires building an array of any
mbox_sha1sum found plus any mbox found after hashing them. I then
iterate through the array looking for values in a person_mbox link
table.

Which is all to say that mbox and mbox_sha1sum are interchangeable and
refer to the same thing. So their definitions ought to be very similar.

Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond at voidstar.com
Webmaster:              http://www.ecademy.com/
Personal WebLog:       http://www.voidstar.com/
M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173   T: +44 (0)192 0412 433