[rdfweb-dev] Time's running out?

Dan Brickley danbri at w3.org
Tue Aug 12 08:14:39 UTC 2003

Well, there are many things people from rdfweb-dev are doing with FOAF and RDF/XML
that just haven't been done before. Schema based data merging, RDF Web-
harvesting using seeAlso references, PGP signing of RDF data, storage
and retrieval of provenance-tracked RDF statements, new forms of RDF
query technology, SVG/.js UI work, and more. If that's making it up as
we're going along, then we're certainly guilty. It's more rewarding than
sitting there waiting for it to appear in one's devtools download, but it's
also hard work and we've been juggling. One piece that's suffered is the schema
and associated documentation, since we've had our hands full with basic
technology development (many of us contrib to RDF's development as well
as work on RDF apps like FOAF).

As of last night the basics of the new spec has been circulated to
rdfweb-dev; see http://rdfweb.org/pipermail/rdfweb-dev/2003-August/011725.html
for disclaimers and details. At this point the main new feature is 50-60
pages of new cross-referenced vocabulary documentation, generated from the
schema and per-term definitions in http://xmlns.com/foaf/doc/

Your help reviewing and tweaking these would be much appreciated.

cheers,