Mime type, was: Re: [rdfweb-dev] seeAlso

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 08:45:55 UTC 2003

Hi

On Tue 12-Aug-2003 at 03:44:34AM -0400, Dan Brickley wrote:
> * Julian Bond <julian_bond at voidstar.com> [2003-08-12 08:38+0100]
> > Jim Ley <jim at jibbering.com> wrote:
> > >When you're building the scutter, is the scutter sending Accept headers
> > >requesting a application/rdf+xml format over anything else.
> >
> > That would be quite limiting I think. There's a lot of valid rdf and
> > foaf that is served with application/xml or application/text or even
> > application/rss+xml
>
> Yes. I've tried running a harvester that only accepted
> application/rdf+xml but it didn't find nearly enough data.

I'm guilty here -- all the RSS, RDF and FOAF files I have generated
are served as application/xml for the simple reason that the other
mime types cause a prompt to download the files in Mozilla rather
than opening them...

Chris

--
Chris Croome                               <chris at webarchitects.co.uk>