[rdfweb-dev] seeAlso

Jim Ley jim at jibbering.com
Tue Aug 12 09:11:24 UTC 2003

"Julian Bond" <julian_bond at voidstar.com>
> Jim Ley <jim at jibbering.com> wrote:
> >When you're building the scutter, is the scutter sending Accept headers
> >requesting a application/rdf+xml format over anything else.
>
> That would be quite limiting I think. There's a lot of valid rdf and
> foaf that is served with application/xml or application/text or even
> application/rss+xml

Yes, sorry, I didn't mean to suggest just accepting app/rdf+xml, but it
needs to accept it at a higher q value than html or similar
app/rdf+xml;app/rss+xml;q=0.9,app/xml;r=0.6,text/xml;r=0.6,*/*;q=0.1
is the sort of thing, I send.

Certainly just sending app/rdf+xml is no use due to the great many poor
mime-types out there in use, and the correctly labeled RSS etc.

Jim.