mbox URIs need sorting out? Was: [rdfweb-dev] Time's running out?

Jan Grant Jan.Grant at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Aug 12 09:48:55 UTC 2003

It's semi-related, but:

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Dan Brickley wrote:

> You're right! This is currently under-constrained in the live RDF schema
> at http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/index.rdf
>
>  <rdf:Property rdf:about="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/mbox"
>  vs:term_status="testing" rdfs:label="personal mailbox" rdfs:comment="A
>  personal mailbox, ie. an Internet mailbox associated with exactly one
>  owner, the first owner of this mailbox. This is a 'static inverse
>  functional property', in that  there is (across time and change) at
>  most one individual that ever has any particular value for foaf:mbox.">
> <rdf:type
> rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#InverseFunctionalProperty"/>
> <rdfs:isDefinedBy rdf:resource="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/"/>
> </rdf:Property>

What's the technical meaning of "static" and "first" here. Since I'm the
historically "first" jan.grant at bristol.ac.uk, do I own that forever?

I think Sandro (? memory, as always, fails me) did something to tie an
mbox address to the "owner" of that address at a particular time.

If this is claiming that mboxes never change ownership then it is,
sadly, false.

stty intr ^m