[rdfweb-dev] telephone as inverseFunctionalProperty ?

Graham Klyne GK at ninebynine.org
Tue Aug 12 09:50:28 UTC 2003

Random thought-on-the-side... there's been some discussion about telephone
number formats in the IETF, most/all of which is reflected in a tel: URI
scheme spec.

Which makes me wonder... maybe teh idea could be generalized to
foaf:contactURI?  (which could subsume phones, IM, email, ...)

More to the point of your question, I'd be uneasy about saying a phone
number alone identifies a person (people share phones, half the people in
the world have never made a phone call, etc.), but one might contemplate
adopting a fragment identifier (possibly optional?) on a tel: URI to
indicate a particular person?

#g