[rdfweb-dev] RDF PetShop

James Carlyle james.carlyle at takepart.com
Wed Aug 13 19:17:33 UTC 2003

> I was interested in this item.
>
> Unfortunately (or fortunately on eyeballing), the RDF parser I am using
> (Drive) did not detect the most important triple - the one with the
> price :-)

Triples for the price should look like this, I think

_:IDAYAAW <http://xmlns.com/foaf/shopvocab#askingPrice> _:IDACBAW .
_:IDACBAW <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type>
<http://xmlns.com/foaf/shopvocab#Price> .
_:IDACBAW <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#value> "49998" .
_:IDACBAW <http://xmlns.com/foaf/shopvocab#currency> "USD" .

(This output from my XSLT stylesheet RDF parser.  Let me know if it looks
odd.)

Just looking at the original RDF, and wondering how and whether foaf:Offer
should be tied to foaf:Person somehow.  I will try and put some ideas down
for discussion.  Ian Davis had some thoughts on this last year too at
http://internetalchemy.org/2002/11/bartering.html

James Carlyle