mbox URIs need sorting out? Was: [rdfweb-dev] Time's running out?

Morten Frederiksen mof-rdf at mfd-consult.dk
Thu Aug 14 15:07:38 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 12 August 2003 11:48, Jan Grant wrote:
> What's the technical meaning of "static" and "first" here. Since I'm the
> historically "first" jan.grant at bristol.ac.uk, do I own that forever?
>
> If this is claiming that mboxes never change ownership then it is,
> sadly, false.
Indeed, and that's not what is being done here.

The point is, that *iff* you use a particular mbox in this context, you're
saying that it identifies only you, and never anybody else. As you are
saying, there may well be several mboxes that don't have that property, but
then they may not be used for this purpose.

Regards,
Morten