[rdfweb-dev] FOAF spec cutover

James Carlyle james.carlyle at takepart.com
Fri Aug 15 07:08:49 UTC 2003

Dan

I think this spec is a great job and is pitched at just the right level -
i.e. authorative enough to convince people that it's not all just made up on
the fly, while expressing the need for continued evolution and
extensibility.

I notice that there is nothing on naming standards for properties and
classes (and I couldn't search the mailing list for any previous discussion
on this).

based_near
currentProject
givenname

At the moment there are a mixture of camelCase, under_score and runtogether
names, probably as a result of suggestions from many different people, and I
feel that this gives the spec an air of undeserved inconsistency.  It
strikes me that if any naming standard was to be introduced, the 0.1 version
of this document would be the time to do it.

James